Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

{Entryway Makeover - Part 2}

Can I get a big HALLELUJAH??? My entryway is finally finished!

I have been so obsessed with this image of a fabulous entryway and the day I saw it online on Pinterest I knew I had to do something similar.

Image is from Jenna Sue (click here to see the original post and to visit her blog)


I can't believe how long it took me to actually get started on it. But once I sat down and made a list of things I was going to need, I called my Dad and asked him to come up and lend me his guidance and we were off and running.

First things first, hang the hooks.

I got this board at Home Depot (bonus: it was already painted white) and cut about 6 inches off to be the right length for my wall and then the drilling began.


We measured the right distance for each of the hooks and then began attaching them to the board.

And then the hooks were in and it was time to drill the board back into the wall once and for all.

I decided to start putting together a plan for the artwork above the hooks. I really really really wanted to have the frame with our house number and a key in it so I was bound and determined to figure out a way to make one of my own.

Here's how I did it ...

1) Bought a white 8x10 frame from Michael's for 40% off

2) Found a piece of gray/white scrapbook paper

3) Cut out the numbers and an image of a key on white card stock

I put everything together, stuck it in the frame, and ta da!


In addition to this frame, I had also ordered a digital print on ETSY that said "Welcome To Our Home."
The shop name is Print.Create.Celebrate and you can click here to view the shop and see all of the awesome stuff she has for sale. This was originally a Christmas design with completely different wording and colors and they were able to switch things out for me and make it completely my own design.


I chose gray, white, and a touch of yellow to match the pillows I have on my couch. It was perfect!

So this afternoon while my kids were asleep, I grabbed a measuring tape and my hammer/nails and decided where I wanted my frames to hang. Here is the final look!




I think I might move the frames down a couple of inches but overall I am so dang happy that the entryway is finished. I needed a new look so bad and I am super happy with the way everything turned out. And I can honestly say that without Pinterest, I doubt I would have been able to come up with these things on my own. Once again, Pinterest saves the day!

- Junkie Tawni

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. That is darling! But I do believe that you are creative enough that you would have come up with something equally as fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I was wondering where you purchased your hooks from and what kind they are. Lovely entryway!

    ReplyDelete