Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

{Holly's Baby Shower}

My cousin Holly is expecting her first baby in June so my mom and I put together a baby shower for her. We decided to have the shower outside in my mom's backyard and started to pray for good weather!

Whenever I have a party to throw I always feel that the invitation is a good place to start with the theme and colors. I looked online and found this one on ETSY at Cohen Lane ... Click Here to visit their shop!
How cute is that??? I loved the style and the color combo was perfect! So gray, black, hot pink, and white was decided as our color theme and then came the fun part ... Planning the details and putting it all together!

It ended up being a gorgeous summer night so we were able to go with our plan and have the shower outside in my mom's backyard. It was a fun time and we enjoyed talking, eating, and watching Holly open up all of her presents!

I love to have things labeled, it makes everything seem organized and more complete. I threw together these little labels for the food table, they were so easy and simple and took me all of 10 minutes.


This salad is ridiculously easy and soooo good. I swear I make it for every party/shower. I have the recipe listed at the bottom of this post so you can experience it for yourself.

First time EVER using my Silhouette machine that I bought last year. It's been in my garage in a box for the past 6 months because I was too afraid to use it. Good news. I needed to make some sort of scalloped circles for this banner and I didn't want to have to cut out each one so I got brave and tried out the Silhouette. It was so fun! It took me a couple tries but I got it figured out and it was pretty dang easy.




Designated seating for the "Mama to Be"


Seriously had so much fun with this shower. My mom and I work well together and divided up the list of things to do and everything went really smooth. I am looking forward to the next party!


Recipe for  CHICKEN BOWTIE PASTA SALAD

Lettuce (I used romaine)
Bowtie Pasta
Grilled Chicken
Parmesan Cheese
Croutons (optional)
Salad Dressing

NOTES: The pasta needs to be cooked and then completely cooled off. I usually cook the noodles in the morning and then put them in a big ziploc bag with some water to keep them moist and lay them in my fridge. When it's time to put the salad together, I just drain them and throw them in.

Also, I buy frozen chicken strips and let them thaw out the night before or morning off. When they are soft enough, I chop them all up and put them in a bag until I need them. 

Then when it's time to actually make the salad, I can just grab my salad bowl, put in the lettuce, pasta, and chicken, and then add the dressing. I always use Ken's "Creamy Caesar" because it doesn't taste as strong as other caesar dressings. It's on the lighter tasting side. Mix the salad all together and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. If you wanted to add croutons then go for it. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. You might want to consider removing the photo of the shower invite or at least editing it so the address & phone # are not readable. Right now it's out there for the whole world to see.

    ReplyDelete