Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

{New Years Resolutions}

I LOVE January! I have to say I think it is my favorite month of the year. I love how the house feels so clean and uncluttered after the past few months of holiday decorating has been put away. I love getting back into a routine and best of all I L.O.V.E  new years resolutions. Everyone seems to be starting out fresh, and at least for the first few weeks (maybe days) at the beginning of the month most of us are focusing on trying to be better.

 This year's resolutions have been especially fun and overwhelming for me because of Pinterest. I have board after board of inspiration on how I want my life to look, feel, taste and be, so much so that it is hard to know where to start. I decided to take a step back and think honestly about what my priorities are and then decide what I want and/or need to change to get to where I want to be as a person. Here is what I came up with, along with some of the pins I plan to use to help me out.

#1 I want to take my spiritual life more serious. I want to know and understand the scriptures and be a wife and mom that is lead by the Spirit. One way I plan to do this is by really studying the Book of Mormon. Here is the study guide I plan to use.

 

#2 I want to have a clean, organized home. I need to set daily cleaning tasks that are easy to stay up on and find better ways to keep it all organized and clutter free. I think I am going to start off the month with this one and then tweak it as I go to figure out what works best for me.


#3 I want to make regular exercise a habit. I am excited to try out this treadmill work out from Itty Bits of Balance. Perfect for me as a beginning runner. She also has intermediate and advanced programs.


 #4 Enjoy life! Enjoy ordinary life with my husband and not take him for granted. Enjoy being with my kids and the ages and stages that they are at. The person that I want to be is a happy one. I need to remember to regularly take a step back and recognize all that I have and then be thankful and enjoy it.


#5 Don't waste my time with people or things that keep me from being who I want to be. This quote from Richard G Scott is my motto for 2012.
 
So, there you have it! My top 5 resolutions for 2012. I should probably add  #6 through #87 and show you all the projects, recipes and decorating I plan to do too. But I'll save those for another post. I can't wait to get started! Wish me luck and I'll do the same for you. Happy New Year!!

-Junkie Sheri
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment