Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

{Entryway Makeover - Part 1}

If you read my post about my home improvement projects that I am working on this year, you will have noticed that Item #1 on my list was finding a tall mirror to rest on my entryway table. Well, guess what. Two days into the new year and I am already checking off items from my list! Woo Hoo!

As mentioned before in my previous post titled GOING GRAY, I painted my walls gray in my entryway, my kitchen, the family room, and the hallway. I had been wanting to do it for a long long time but then seeing all the amazing pictures of gray walls on Pinterest shoved me into high gear and I got it done.

Once the walls were painted, it was time for a new look in several places. I decided to begin with the entryway. Afterall, it's the first area you enter as you come into our home and I thought it would make a great place to start. I have always had a black table against one wall and I wanted to change the look by adding a tall mirror that would rest on top of it. I originally thought I was going to buy a mirror that had a brown frame but then I found a white one at TJ Maxx and went with it instead. Add in an existing wreath, lamp, and picture frames that I had in my garage and I was finished.

I love the look now. As I sit on my couch and relax or work (as I am doing at the moment) I am able to see the new display and it's the first thing I see when I come through my front door. This picture is great for showing you how warm and cozy it is but take a look at the white wood against the gray walls ....

So there is the first part of my "Entryway Makeover." The second part is currently in progress so check back to see the results!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment