Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

{Going Gray}

Let's just talk about my obsession with gray paint. I love love love it! I have found NUMEROUS images on Pinterest that I hoped to one day use for inspiration in my own home. And then I saw this one from Censational Girl and knew I just had to paint my walls. Immediately.

Website: www.centsationalgirl.com
(Click Here for the original blog post)

Yes the fireplace is amazing and so is that mirror.

I have no fireplace or fantastic mirror like that in my house but I hoped that the gray would still look good. So one Friday night in October, my mom and I went to dinner and then grabbed painting supplies and started our project. 

My house has had nice beige walls for the past 6 years. Nothing wrong with the color beige but I was ready for a change after I saw all the beautiful gray walls on Pinterest.

So here is the BEFORE picture



And look how beautiful the new wall color is!!!!

I am loving the new look. I feel like a few simple coats of paint changed the entire look of my house. I feel like it's the perfect shade of gray for me and my taste.

Like what you see?

The paint I used was from Sherwin Williams. It is the HGTV Brand and it's called "Skyline Steel #1015." The paint color is not currently sold in stores but they still know how to mix it up for you.

So now that my walls were the right color, it was time to come up with a different idea for my entryway table. I had always had my black table against the wall with our three wedding pictures above it. On the table were a variety of decorations like a clock, a wreath, some pictures, and a few other things. It wasn't ugly, it wasn't horrible, it was just boring. It had been the same way for the past 6 years and now that I had new paint, I needed a new look.

One of my favorite things to do is look through what I already have on hand. Save yourself money, save a trip to the store, and use the awesome stuff you have throughout your house. You can create a whole new look by moving stuff around. 

I needed a jumping off point and I decided on a mirror. Enter a quick trip to TJ Maxx and $70 later I had my mirror. The rest of the entryway table came together by grabbing a lamp, a wreath, and some picture frames from stuff I already had and I was finished.


I love me a soft warm glow ...




Here is a pretty good idea of how the mirror looks against the gray paint - perfect!
 So happy it's done, now onto the next project!


- Junkie Tawni
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment