Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

{Super Cute Treat Bags}

Every year my husband's company has a potluck luncheon on Halloween. The employees bring the food and our kids come show off their costumes and we all eat and hang out. 

This year I was asked to make some sort of treat bags that we could fill up with candy and give to the kiddos. I had a couple of ideas in my head but couldn't decide what direction to go. So I jumped on Pinterest as I always do when I am stuck in a creative funk and searched for some gift bag ideas. 

After looking through a few pins, I came across this image from www.michaels.com
(click here to view the original PIN)

I wasn't really into the picture on the front of the bag, but I liked the simplicity of just dressing up plain old brown paper bags. I wanted mine to be a bit more personalized so I decided to go with the paper bag idea and incorporate each child's name on there somehow. After a trip to Michael's to grab some supplies, my project was underway.


Here's what I came up with ..... 
 


Absolutely loved the way they turned out. Maybe it was the glitter, maybe it was colors, maybe it was how easy they were to make. 

If you are looking for a really fast, easy, and cute way to make a treat/gift bag, I would highly recommend this one! If you would like to make your own bags, here's a list of supplies you will need ....

1) Brown Paper Bags (I like the ones with the handles)
2) Scrapbook Paper
3) Glue/Adhesive (I use Glue Dots)
4) Ribbon
5) Tissue Paper
6) Paper Hole Punch

Have fun!

- Junkie Tawni
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment