Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

{A Great Reminder}

I have a routine every morning. My 4 year old comes in my room and wakes me up to ask if she can go watch cartoons until her little sister gets up. Once I get her settled on the couch, I go back to my room and crawl back in bed. I grab my phone and go through my emails, reply to texts, and listen to voice mails. In addition to that, I check Facebook, make a move or two on Words With Friends, and make plans for my day.

While looking through the news feed on Facebook today, I saw a link to an article that caught my attention and thought I would share it on here.





I thought this article was so interesting. First of all, it's such a great reminder but secondly, I have never personally felt like a "loser mom" after looking online at Pinterest. In fact, I find it inspirational, humorous, and super helpful when I need something in a pinch. I have used Pinterest to find a recipe for dinner, to test out a new cleaning method, to start a family tradition, to find guidance for holiday decor, and so on. It has even helped me with ideas for my calling in Primary so I am actually quite grateful for Pinterest. I guess it all depends on your outlook. Let's all remember what's most important in life and not get distracted with the little things. Afterall, nobody is going to be disappointed when they enter your bathroom and you don't have any flower shaped soap ... :)

Lastly, I leave you with a quote regarding Motherhood -

"There is no one perfect way to be a good mother... Each mother has different challenges, different skills and abilities, and certainly different children... What matters is that a mother loves her children deeply and, in keeping with the devotion she has for God and her husband, prioritizes them above all else." Elder M. Russell Ballard

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment