Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

{Breakfast From The North Pole}

This year, I finally gave in to the Elf on the Shelf phenomenon. I have several friends who have had their "elves" come to visit their household during the holiday season and always thought it was a cute idea. But then I was a total cheapo and didn't want to spend $30 on it. But I caved and started our new family tradition.

And I am so glad I did. My kids LOVED it!

I saw this cute idea on Pinterest from "Little Pumpkin Grace" and fell in love with the whole thing.
How adorable is that???? Be sure to click here to read the original blog post from Jessica's blog. She has a ton of great pictures and ideas from when she did this with her family.



So after Thanksgiving dinner was over and everyone was in their beds and fast asleep, I started setting up the breakfast for the next morning. 



And the next morning we led the kids out to the kitchen and told them that a special elf had been sent down from Santa and that he had brought us breakfast. It was so much fun to watch their eyes light up with excitement. I am FOR SURE doing this every year. Here are some of the pictures from our breakfast ...









The breakfast from the North Pole was a MAJOR HIT - so happy that I came across this on Pinterest! And I think other than it being super cute, it was super easy. I didn't really have to make anything. Just bought powdered sugar doughnuts, made hot chocolate with mini marshmallows, and had some cheerios on hand to snack on too. Add some chocolate coins and a couple candy canes and voila! All done and so simple. I hope that you try this tradition with your family, I am looking forward to the North Pole Breakfast being a part of our holiday season for many years to come.

- Junkie Tawni
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment